On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution my community and the agency I serve.
Breaking down the Oath
- Honor means that one's word is given as a guarantee.
- Betray is defined as breaking faith with the public trust.
- Badge is the symbol of your office.
- Integrity is being the same person in both private and public life.
- Character means the qualities that distinguish an individual.
- Public trust is a charge of duty imposed in faith toward those you serve.
- Courage is having the strength to withstand unethical pressure, fear or danger.
- Accountability means that you are answerable and responsible to your oath of office.
- Community is the jurisdiction and citizens served.