The Town’s Budget is its strategic plan for the year, determining what programs and activities get funded. After staff develops a proposed budget in the winter, the Town Council spends many meetings and worksessions reviewing the proposed budget. In addition, the Town Council holds Public Hearings to get input on the budget proposal.
PROPOSED FY 2023 BUDGET
The Town Manager will be presenting the Proposed FY23 Budget to the Town Council on February 24, 2022.
An overview of the FY22 and FY23 revenues was presented to the Council on February 10th and can be found as part of the agenda at this link.
The public is encouraged to provide input. You may speak during Public Comment at any of the Town Council’s meetings; you may call us and leave a message at 540-687-5152; or you may provide online input through our Citizen Portal, at this link (choose "Community Issue/Opinion").
Upcoming budget discussions include:
- February 24, 2022 - Budget Presentation
- March 10, 2022 - Budget Discussion
- March 24, 2022 - Public Hearing on Real Property Tax Rate and Budget Discussion
- March 31, 2022 - SPECIAL MEETING: Adopt Real Property Tax Rate and Utility System Rate Model Discussion
- April/May Council Meetings - Continued Budget review/discussions
- Anticipated adoption: May 12 or 26, 2022
ADOPTED FY 2022 BUDGET
The Town Council adopted the FY2022 Budget on May 13, 2021. You can view the full FY22 Budget here.
The Town Manager presented the Proposed FY 2022 budget at the February 11, 2021 Council Meeting. The Town Council discussed the budget at multiple meetings.
PRIOR YEAR ADOPTED BUDGETS
Each Fiscal Year runs from July 1st to June 30th. You can find the latest budget here, including a message from the Mayor to the public.
You can find prior years’ budgets at this link.