New Town Hall Project
The Town is pleased to provide regular updates on the Town Hall Project. As of November 9, 2022, the Town expects to move-in to the new building in late-January to late-February. Some of these delays are due to supply chain issues on critical components.
November 9, 2022 Updates:
- Roof water-proofing is complete and the standing seam metal roof is being installed
- The east retaining wall is complete
- The stone water table is being installed around the foundation and is nearly complete on the west side
- The north parking lot is full of gravel (this is a permeable paver lot) and curb/gutter will be poured soon
- The interior framing is nearly 100% complete and partial drywall has been installed
- Rough-in of plumbing/electrical has occurred
- Windows are expected to be installed the first week of December
- The exterior facade (EIFS) will be installed late November/early December
- Please note, the current "blue" color is only a temporary waterproofing material
- The final color will be a light green as approved by the HDRC
Please reach out to us at 540-687-5152 with any questions!
The Town of Middleburg has identified the need to build a new Town Hall to facilitate efficient operations, to provide more public gathering space, and to better serve the public.
- Click here to view our Public Info Sessions, and to read about the community support around the project.
- Click here for a history of the project, including the need and the plan moving forward.
On December 16, 2021, the Town Council awarded the bid for the project to Cooper Building Services, LLC, of Frederick, Maryland. A contract was signed in the amount of $10.688 million; however, the Town staff and construction management team continue work to identify additional value engineering opportunities to further reduce the price. Construction is currently underway on Phase 1, which involves the construction of the building itself. Based on the schedule, the Town staff will move into the new building the last week of 2022, with the facilities opening to the public in January of 2023. Phase II, which involves the demolition of the existing Town Office building and the construction of a pocket park in its place, is anticipated to be completed in April of 2023.
Latest Construction Update
The contractor is working on the building foundation. It is anticipated that the steel work will begin July 5th.
- 11,700+/- square feet, includes Administration, Council Chambers, Police Department, Public Meeting Rooms & Public Restrooms
- Located immediately behind existing Town Office (which will be demolished at end of project to allow for development of a public park)
- Nearly 1.8 acres, with almost 2 acres of disturbed land for all construction activity
- 2 public green spaces for passive parks, activities, festivals and events
- 47 parking spaces to serve the building and Village Green/activities, as well as provide general visitor parking with easy access to downtown area
- Awarded construction contract: $10.688 million
- Primary funding through debt financing, with grant from Loudoun County and potential federal grant
- Town's current revenues are sufficient to cover the debt service for the project and fund all current Town operations
- Substantial site work to begin in early February 2022, with building open to public in January 2023.
- Total project completion in May 2023