- Police Department
- Employment Opportunities
DCJS CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER: $60,000.00 + DOQ/DOE
The Middleburg Police Department accepts Employment Applications from DCJS certified Law Enforcement Officers year round. A waiver must also be filled out.
If you are considering a change…consider us. We provide 24/7/365 police services in the Town of Middleburg. The town is financially stable and we will be moving into our new police HQ sometime this summer. https://www.middleburgva.gov/322/New-Town-Hall-Project click here for the latest photos and progress.
Experience policing where:
- There is community support
- There is support from Town Council
- There is support from Town Management
- There is support from Police Administration
- Specialized training
- All officers are encouraged to attend advanced trainings such as: PELS, ILCT, FBI LEEDA Trilogy, SMIP, Southern police institute and FBI NA. The key is we desire to enhance your career with training that YOU believe will be a benefit to both you and the community. Residents and regular visitors know you by name
- There is a team approach to solve problems
- We use a 12-hour schedule that equates to only 7 days every two weeks.
- 100% paid insurance for you, 85% paid for plus one, 80% paid for family
- 1.85% multiplier for VRS
- Hazardous Duty Supplement Retirement (LEOS)
- We offer bonuses for projects and or individual efforts up to $1,000.00
- Tuition assistance is available
- And there are many more benefits to working in this environment
A full job description can be obtained if requested.
The starting salary is $60,000 + DOQ/DOE per year plus a great benefits package to include:
Dental, Health, LEOS, VRS @ the 1.85% multiplier, Gym memberships, And More
So, in a tough world for the profession…check out a place where you will be appreciated and can grow.
HOW TO APPLY: Follow the link to complete the application and the online waiver:
Requires a current Virginia DCJS law enforcement certification. An ability to deal courteously with the public, ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, and to prepare clear and comprehensive reports. Must be able to act without immediate supervision and exercise independent judgment in meeting emergencies; physical ability to perform job tasks; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and the public. Must be high school graduate or possess a GED.
A full job description can be obtained at Town Hall. However, the duties are centered around providing police services in a uniformed patrol environment.
Interested applicants must submit our application and waiver located on the departments web page: HTTPS://WWW.MIDDLEBURGVA.GOV/170/EMPLOYMENT-OPPORTUNITIES
Questions may be directed to Chief Shaun Jones by calling 540-687-6633.
Middleburg Police Department
P.O. Box 187
Middleburg, VA 20118
DEADLINE: Open until filled